Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Happy Hub: Mamma Mia!, Waitress, JMac, & (a little bit) More!

I am shocked. I don't think I have ever had such a sparse Happy Hub, but I also don't feel like this month was bad. I guess it goes to show how paying attention to the little things in life can make you just as happy as the big things.

Tunes:

I've been wanting to listen to the Waitress cast recording for a long time now and that longing was only exacerbated when I pushed it to make room for Mamma Mia! last month. More on that later. This month I dedicated to Waitress and it did not disappoint. Some of the plot points were not my cup of tea, but I generally really enjoyed the music. Dawn is my favorite character and, coincidentally, the songs featuring or about Dawn are my favorites. Particularly The Negative, When He Sees Me, Never Ever Getting Rid of Me, and I Love You Like a Table. Some others I really look forward to hearing are Club Knocked Up, It Only Takes a Taste, and Everything Changes. Of course you can't talk about Waitress without highlighting She Will Be Mine. Heartbreaking is not strong enough of a word.

I'm not sure how this came about, but for some reason I just started to listen to Jesse McCartney and nothing but Jesse McCartney. No one else would do. It's been a while since I'd listened to In Technicolor (the album) on repeat so I did that as well as give his first three albums. Back in the day when JMac was always on the radio, I listened to Radio Disney so I didn't even realize there was a "dirty" (they aren't that dirty) version. Imagine my delight when I first heard the lyric "not only does your body bang but I miss the conversation too..." Oh man. That has to be my all-time favorite. I won't bother listing out all his singles because I'm sure you're familiar with all of them. Who wouldn't be? 😉

Descendants 2 is one of my most anticipated movies this year and the marketing is beginning to kick in with the release of their first single, the album pre-order, and the announcement of the release date (July 21st, if you were wondering). Of course I gobbled up that single ASAP. My consensus, having listened to it for about a week, is that I feel like Ways to Be Wicked can be cheesy at times, but is the perfect jam to channel my inner villain. Lord knows I need my dark side to be ON at all times these days.

Entertainment:

Here I go again! (x)
Talk about a special night! My family, particularly my mom, has wanted to see Mamma Mia! on stage for the longest time and, as luck would have it, we found out the Mamma Mia! Farewell Tour would be coming to Seattle at the Paramount Theatre! We bought those tickets so fast and the big day arrived sooner than we knew it. I was so surprised when I realized I had never been to a proper theatre to see a show. Every other production I've seen was either in a high school performing arts center or on a cruise ship (both are perfectly valid ways to experience theatre). To make our night even better, we ate at one of our favorite restaurants in Chinatown before heading over to Downtown Seattle. The show was so much fun, especially the encore when the audience got up to sing and dance along. I'm glad we were familiar with this show already so that we could fully take it in. We were pretty far up and the actors looked tiny to us so it was a good thing we knew the beats already. Overall it was a fun night (much warmer during the show than I thought it would be) and I cannot wait for the next production I get to see.

Paramount Theatre (x)
#ootd













P.S. I included a picture of my outfit that day in case you were curious (and to bulk up this post a little).

Miscellaneous:

This technically happened on the last day of March, but since its Happy Hub was already up by then, I thought I would stick this happy day in here. I wasn't expecting to have a day with Mikaela until May after her academic year had finished, but the stars aligned and gave us one day together the week of her spring break. Which ended up being perfect timing because it was just about a week before her birthday! In lieu of going to a movie, we chose to instead check out the new IKEA and catch up with each other's busy lives. You really cannot go wrong with meatballs and a stroll through the showroom with your bestie, especially when your outfit is on point. 

I considered leaving Zoya Dove out of my Happy Hub because the application was such a nightmare, but I just love the color so much. I didn't bother taking photos of it because it looks so terrible. The formula was runnier than water. It was ridiculous. BUT if I look at my nails from far away, they look great. Maybe if I figure out how to thicken the polish I'll use it again. For now I'll gaze longingly at the bottle. (Note: The more I wore this polish, the more I realized I loved the color because it's the same as all my favorite gray clothing.)

To make this a little bit longer, I will also mention that on the first day of this month, I upgraded my phone! I now have an iPhone 7 with an iPhone 6s case. I can only hope my new case is arriving soon.


Okay so this Happy Hub is suspiciously short. There must have been more that made me happy this month! Please let me know if there is something I'm missing because I'm sure I have. I just can't seem to come up with anything, which is sad and pathetic. Two things that Happy Hubs should not be!!! If I think of anything else I'll throw it into May's Happy Hub, since that one should be a bit longer anyway considering the whole birthday thing.


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

2 comments:

  1. I definitely read this a long time ago and forgot to comment. The only show I've seen at paramount was fiddler on the roof and I was basically in the nose bleed section. Mmm I can't wait to have some meatballs in that new IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was one section in front of the nose bleed section... Can't complain, though!

      Delete