Sunday, December 13, 2015

#hairoftheweek: #tbt French Lace Duo

This season's Fan Favorite #hairoftheweek was a real close one. Like, real close. There was a three-way tie for a while and nearly every hairstyle had votes. Before voting began, I honestly had no idea which hairstyle would win but I knew I'd be pleased with any outcome. I didn't have a favorite myself because how can you choose between your children?!

The Process:

I got the most votes this season than any previous season which was really exciting. As I mentioned in my introduction, this season's Fan Favorite was a really tight race. The hairstyles in the three-way tie were the French Lace Duo, Fishtail Flip Crown, and, in a surprising turn of events, the Faux Half Shave. The Faux Half Shave didn't get any votes until the last 24 hours of the voting period and it still worked its way to the top! Before there was a three-way tie, there were two two-way ties for both first and second place. It was tense. In the end, I would've been happy with any winner because, if you didn't already know, this season consisted entirely of my originals -- including the bonus #hairoftheweek that will be happening next week!

The Tutorial:

I actually had trouble trying to replicate the French Lace Duo this time around so if the instructions on the original blog post doesn't turn out the way you want it, I'll give you some tips here. I've found that when picking up hair, take from your hairline. Make sure the pieces you take aren't too small or else the bumps closer to your face will look real wimpy. Also be careful which strands you separate from your braids to use in the combined braid in the back. If you take from a strand that's crossing over, you're going to have a glaringly obvious band of hair going across your first braid to get to the big braid.  Just be conscious of where you're splitting up the braids.

The Result:

12.9.15 #tbt french lace duo
I made sure to take this one from a different angle from the original French Lace Duo post. Don't forget to give it a like on Instagram if you haven't already!

The Verdict:

It was kind of funny how long the three-way tie lasted. The more people voted, the more the hairstyles that weren't in first place got chosen. It all worked out in the end, though. The suspense made it all the more fun. I was also very amused by how passionate people got about their choices. Whenever I had people vote, I had to make sure nobody else in the room would influence their decision. This hairstyle was really fun to wear, just as it was last time. One of the things I wished the original French Lace Duo photo did was show the volume that French lace braiding can create. Thankfully the Fan Favorite win gave me a chance to show off another angle.


Thank you for participating in this season's #hairoftheweek! To show my gratitude, there will be a very special bonus #hairoftheweek coming at you next week so don't forget to check back next Sunday for that. Additionally, we're going to get a little more Christmassy here on xo, Yvette with some book recommendations on Wednesday so stay tuned. As always, follow this blog in the sidebar and follow me over on Instagram as well so stay up-to-date on #hairoftheweek and other goings on!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

2 comments:

  1. The readers couldn't choose a favorite child either. I have a feeling next season will be even more epic.

    ReplyDelete