Sunday, March 22, 2015

#hairoftheweek: #tbt Feathered Braid

As this post goes up, I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out. What an adventure. Other than that, there's nothing new to report. Finals are over and spring break is upon us! Now I can spend the entire week recovering. Hopefully by the time school starts again I won't have chipmunk cheeks.

Keep an eye out for next week's bonus #hairoftheweek on Instagram! Then we jump straight into Spring 2015. Wow. One whole year. The official one year anniversary is March 28th. Hopefully that'll give you a hint as to when the bonus #hairoftheweek will be posted. ;)

The Process:

As you all know, this week's #hairoftheweek was chosen by you! You chose your favorite #hairoftheweek from the Winter 2015 season and, while every vote counts, the Feathered Braid won by a landslide. Feathered Braid earned ten votes and the two hairstyles tied for second place, Mermaid Heart Accent and Twisted Edge Fishtail, earned two votes each. That being said, if honorary mentions counted as votes, Twisted Edge Fishtail would have four votes and Mermaid Heart Accent would have three. Either way, Feathered Braid crushed the competition.

If you are unfamiliar with this idea of voting for your pick, hopefully the #hairoftheweek Origins post will shed some light on the subject.

The Tutorial:

Again, this hairstyle was inspired by Bebexo's Loop Braid tutorial. As usual, watching the video would be more beneficial than my words could describe. Nothing I haven't said in my original blog post on this hairstyle!

The Result:

Drumroll, please...
3.20.15 #tbt feathered braid (x)
The Feathered Braid! The original Feathered Braid Instagram has the most likes of any #hairoftheweek post ever and the blog post was the first official #hairoftheweek post on xo, Yvette. This is a really special hairstyle and I'm glad so many people are fond of it. If you haven't already, make sure you give this one version of the Feathered Braid a like on Instagram!

The Verdict:

I wasn't surprised with the results seeing as the original was the highest likes grossing #hairoftheweek of all time. (It still holds that title, check it out if you haven't already.) I will say this version looks a lot cleaner than the original Feathered Braid I posted on Instagram. This one's "feathers" are more defined. For both pictures, I was expecting the braids to have a wet look, since my hair was still damp, but they came out looking like I did it on dry hair.

I was very pleased with the voting turnout this season. Usually, people aren't willing to give me feedback unless I personally ask for their opinion but this time people weren't as shy to tell me which one they preferred. Let me know what you liked about this hairstyle! Its popularity caught me off guard the first time around and while I see its appeal, I can't really pinpoint what makes this one a favorite.


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

3 comments:

  1. This was my second favorite of the season. Can't wait to see what's in store for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) hope your mouth gets better girl
    2) I said "I won!" when I saw this because this was my vote and Daphne lost technically in my head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Bless thank it's getting there
      2) You're not wrong. (also you deserve it because she locked you out so)

      Delete