Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Happy Hub: Olly Murs, Psych, Weddings, & More!

This month was a whirlwind. My academics had me on my toes all month, with finals and whatnot, but I made sure to cut out some time for fun. Thank goodness for spring break, am I right? (Let's try to forget I'm missing two teeth.)

Don't miss a post! Follow xo, Yvette on bloglovin to get notifications when there's a new post. You can also follow all your favorite blogs on the same platform. In case you missed what I was loving last month, you can visit February's Happy Hub!

Tunes

I don't know what compelled me to look up 80s ballads on YouTube, but at the start of the month I found myself in a vortex of the greatest hits my parents listened to when I was young. Somehow, I landed in the lap of Michael Bolton. With the other songs, I would listen and move on but I was stuck on Bolton. I was cycling through When A Man Loves A Woman, Steel Bars, and How Can We Be Lovers for at least a week. I think the hair helped.

For the next couple weeks, nothing but the three High School Musical soundtracks could satisfy my musical cravings. This eventually branched out to mid- to late-2000s music. Specifically Say OK and Come Back To Me by Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale's He Said She Said and Be Good To Me. (You know these videos are throwbacks when the highest quality is 240p.) It was a nostalgic month. Longing for a time before I had to take finals, perhaps?

Earlier this month, Olly Murs released Never Been Better in the US and it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. So far, he's released three singles; Wrapped Up (feat. Travie McCoy), Up (feat. Demi Lovato), and Seasons. I may be biased, but I think every song on this album is single material. Most of this album is really upbeat and groovy. It never fails to put me in a good mood and put a little pep in my step. I highly recommend checking him out on Spotify if you're interested. You shouldn't skip the bonus tracks, either. Ready For Love is possibly favorite song off the album but it's so hard to choose just one.

Television

I have been a fan of Bridgit Mendler for years and since Good Luck Charlie ended, she's been under the radar. Recently, it was announced that she would be one of the new characters in NBC's Undateable. I was ecstatic. It's been far too long. While I was thinking of a good time to binge watch the first season, a music video-style ad came up on YouTube for Undateable featuring Bridgit's vocals. It worked. I immediately dropped everything and marathoned the entire season. A Saturday put to good use.

A couple summers ago, my brother and I had completely caught up with Psych, the show about the psychic detective and his adventures. That was season six. While we were waiting for the next season to be put on Netflix, our subscription was cut off. And thus we began the agonizing three(ish) years that brought me to March 2015. I finally watched the two finals seasons of Psych. I was having such a great time and before I knew it, I was nearing the end. It was actually only a couple days ago that I watched the second to last episode of the final season. I couldn't go on. If I never watch the series finale, it never happened.

To distract myself from the impending heartbreak that is the end of Psych, I turned to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I was saving this show for my wisdom teeth recovery and it went by in the blink of an eye. I had a lot of fun with it and the characters are so outlandish and all over the place. I love it.


#hairoftheweek

3.20.15 #tbt feathered braid (x)
We finished Winter 2015! There's a bonus #hairoftheweek coming up so we aren't officially done yet but for all intents and purposes, we made it! There were times in this season where I had a hard time coming up with a hairstyle but I think this is the strongest season I've had yet. If you haven't seen the post for the fan favorite for the season, make sure to check it out here! Also, keep your eyes peeled for the Winter 2015 Recap!

Miscellaneous

In the midst of dead week, I found sanctuary in planning my dream wedding. I'm not sure how it got started, but one day I was itching to image every detail of my perfect wedding. Before I knew it, I had spent about 12 hours on The Knot. There was a lot to learn. Previously, I had no idea what I was looking for in a wedding. Now I'm eager to make a seating chart, and that's one of the most stressful parts of the process.

Since I'm home for spring break, I've been spending a lot of time with my brother. We spend a lot of time bonding over our shared childhood and a huge part of that is Pokémon. We've been rewatching the original anime series on Netflix and talking about our favorites. The fact that my brother is willing to hang out with me means so much and it makes my heart swell. There's nothing like having a sibling.

Blogosphere

Because I have been packed this month, I didn't really have time to read other blogs, let alone keep up with my own (namely, this post) but I do appreciate every single one of you that read my posts. I want to give a special thank you to Amy, my starlight, who has been so supportive and consistently commenting on every blog post. Allison also gets a mention because she helped me post my previous blog post to the xo, Yvette Tumblr while I was getting my wisdom teeth pulled. You the real MVP.


I'm excited for what April has in store. It's a fresh start for a lot of things and warmer weather is finally on its way. The days are already longer and I want to make the most of them. What have you been loving this month? Is there anything I should check out? Let me know in the comments!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

6 comments:

  1. Yay happy things! I needed a little happy today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiness is scarce today. We must hold on to the little shreds we have left.

      Delete
  2. Happy Hub! Imma go ahead and pimp Zella Day for music and Early Edition (my first love, my true love) for TV bc you should def check those out! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just listened to a couple of Zella Day's songs. I'm feeling her vibe.

      Delete
  3. 1) Be Good to Me was my national anthem circa 2009
    2) ILY STARLIGHT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) 2009 is hands down the best music year I have ever lived.
      2) STARLIGHT

      Delete