Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Book Talk: December Uppercase Review

I'm always excited for my monthly Uppercase Box but this one crept up on me. There's been a lot going on any I have a sneaking suspicion that the less I think about a box, the better it will be. It'll be a challenge but I am willing to put that theory to the test if it means my boxes could potentially as amazing as this one.

The first thing I want to address is the bag's redesign! It reminds me of a vintage postcard and I love that kind of stuff. It's still simple but it now even better represents the business. I adore it and I just had to include it in the Instagram photo even though it I had to turn one of the goodies sideways as to not end up with a panorama.

You might want to click
on it to get a closer look.

Much to my delight, the contents of this month's box was planner themed! I am obsessed with planners and the planner community but I am not quite yet in a place where being a part of it is feasible for me. Still, I like to admire from the sidelines with a gleam in my eye. One of the first things that came tumbling out of my bag was a Gold Planner with Heart Clip from Willowfields. It's so cute and dainty and I can't wait to use it in my planner!

The next thing that caught my eye was a bright sheet of book-shaped stickers! One of the main facets of the planner community is the stickers. It's also the part that I cry about the most. They're all so beautiful! I need them all. Much to my surprise, SticknPlanshop is based in Kiev! Never in my life did I think I would ever get a sheet of stickers from Ukraine. I am so excited that I get to sample one of the many sticker shops on Etsy! 

The third and final goody is arguably the best goody I have received in any of these boxes so far. Believe it or not, Uppercase has included an exclusive planner! The art was done by Simini Blocker, who did the adorable notepad in the August Uppercase Box. I already bought (and have been using) my 2017 planner, but this one is too lovely to set aside. I had a flip through it and noticed something I had not seen in any other planner. There is a monthly reading log. Um, Y E S. I love this lil guy. I'll use the planner I have been using for everything else but anything to do with reading is going in this new planner. Library due dates, personal reading goals, deciding which book to read next... all those things will be recorded in this gorgeous planner. 

Monthly view & reading log.
Weekly view & sweet art.

And now for the piece de resistance! (Forgive me, I don't know how to do the accents.) This month's book is Ever The Hunted by Erin Summerill! Again, I had never heard of this book, but just looking at this baby had my heart fluttering. I want to be as blind as possible going into books, especially if I know I'm going to be reading it anyway, so all I know is that this is a high fantasy novel and it's the first in a duology. Be still my heart. Not only that, the cover is to die for and, get this, there's a map. We all know the formula: fantasy + map = epic. That formula has yet to fail me. And if you were paying attention to the first photo in this post, you would've seen a tiny temporary tattoo of the cover. It's adorable and I don't know if I will ever use it but this cover is just so beautiful I cannot process it. 


Signed, as always!
There is a map.
It cannot get better.


Gang's all here! (x)
Uppercase really went all out this month and finished the year with a bang. I am completely in love with this box. Talk about a Christmas gift! Wait, maybe I should've waited until Christmas to open this... Too little, too late, Yvette. I don't regret tearing into this package the second I got my hands on it. Just the sooner to share it with you! Besides, why does Christmas have to be the only day we open gifts? Is anything real anyway? The only thing I'm sure of is how excited I am for everything in this box. *fade to black to the sound of my squeals*


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

4 comments:

  1. The trend on Etsy lately has been planner stickers, so I guess that's your place to go if you need more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with Etsy planner stickers! I don't have a planner that they would fit in, though, so that's unfortunate.

      Delete
  2. When a book has a map in it you know you're really in for something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that ain't the realest thing I've ever heard.

      Delete