Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy Hub: Most Anticipated 2016 Entertainment

Today I'm going to be trying something new. This will be labelled Happy Hub because everything I mention in this post makes me really happy and excited for the year to come. There's still going to be a regular Happy Hub next week, so think of this as a supplementary post. Every new year brings a lot in the entertainment industry and I am here to eat it all up. While there's plenty to choose from, there are a couple of things that I'm most excited for. In this post, I'm going to be pointing out my most highly anticipated item from each category. Maybe I'll shine some light on something you were previously unaware of and hopefully I can hear some of the things you're most excited for!


Movie:


I had to place a fair amount of restrictions on this category because if Disney movies and superhero movies were in the mix, no other movie would have a chance. It's hard to tell if any movie will be good based on the trailer alone but I have high hopes for Eddie the Eagle. Just looking at the people attached to the project is enough to get me excited. Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, and Matthew Vaughn as producer?! And on top of that it's the story about the Olympics. There could not be more to love. The trailer is really charming and funny and it paints a smile on my face every time I watch it. This movie comes out early in the year but I still have plenty to look forward to between the seven superhero films and at least four Disney(/Pixar) movies (plus others!) coming out later this year.  

Music:


This category is what inspired this post because it was such a no-brainer. If you're at all up to date with boyband news (I don't you expect you to be, that's what you have me for), you'd know that the Backstreet Boys have confirmed a 2016 album and tour. The thing is, that's all we know. My best guess is that it's coming out in late summer or fall but when it does come, you know that's all I'm going to be listening to. It's been a hot minute since they've released new music and they've been real busy these last couple years. They've finally given themselves a chance to slow down and record a new album for us. I'm going to do everything in my power to get to their concert. I'm already incredibly excited for it and, based on this sneak peek, it's gonna be a good album.

Book:


It's even more difficult to narrow down just one pick out of the plethora of new book releases than it is for movies. There are definitely way more book releases than there are movies in a given year. I decided to exclude any sequels because obviously those would dominate. That being said, I could not pass up the chance to squeal about The Hidden Oracle, the first book in Rick Riordan's new series, The Trials of Apollo!!!! Uncle Rick is going back to Greek mythology and I could not be more excited. I haven't read the first Magnus Chase yet, but I was crying over the loss of Percy and the gang before I even got halfway through the final book of The Heroes of Olympus series. It was such a relief to hear we'd be going back and fingers crossed we're going to be seeing some of our favorites back in this series. I don't know if I can part with the idea of seeing Percy again. 


TV Show:

I had a hard time choosing a TV show since you never really know what'll be cancelled or renewed and who knows what's in store in terms of new releases! One thing I do know for sure is that Fuller House is going to be on Netflix and I am excited. To be frank, I haven't seen all of the original and I was too young to actually get into the show as it was airing but growing up I would catch a rerun here and there and it left its mark on me. Maybe it's because it's set in San Francisco and that city is like my second home. I love the cast of characters and I love that so many of them are going to be back. I'll try my best not to binge watch it the day it comes out but I cannot make any promises.

Sports:


I dropped a hint in the Movies category but there should be no question about what my most anticipated sporting event(s) is this year. I have been waiting for another Summer Olympics since London 2012 and just any Olympics since Sochi 2014. My life literally revolves around the Olympics. Odd years so dreadfully painful. My Instagram feed is pretty much all Olympians so I have had no trouble keeping up with the goings on the Rio 2016. I was ready to put money on Michael Phelps coming back for one last Games and thank goodness I was right I wasn't ready to say goodbye. When August comes around, the only thing you'll be seeing on my Twitter is my live tweets of the events I'm watching. I am ridiculously ready for Rio 2016 (they announced the finalists for the USA men's basketball team and I actually started crying) and it's easily my most anticipated out of this entire list. 



Surely your most anticipated things differs from mine so I'd love to hear what you're most excited to see/hear/consume this year. There's a lot I didn't mention specifically (like how Amy's getting me into The X-Files) but I had to limit myself to curb the anxiety that would've come with trying to sort through everything I haven't seen in my life on top of all the new things coming out this year. Are there any books, TV shows, music, or movies I should keep my eye out for? Let me know in the comments! I'd love to know what you're anticipating from this year!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

4 comments:

  1. 1) we are definitely binging Fuller House together
    2) LIKE HOW AMY'S GETTING ME INTO THE X-FILES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) I'm ready
      2) I can't make any headway without that list...

      Delete
  2. Remember that one time you went to a Backstreet Boys concert...

    Also, I didn't know that Trials of Apollo was going to be a new series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, and then I was so tired the next day that I slept through my birthday party... I went into 18 with whatever the opposite of a bang is.

      We're (hopefully) coming back to Percy! I wonder how Uncle Rick is gonna work out writing two series at once. Last time this happened the Kane Chronicles suffered...

      Delete