Sunday, January 10, 2016

#hairoftheweek: Rope Half Halo

Last season I challenged myself to come up with an original hairstyle every week. It definitely wasn't easy but I made it through and I am very proud of myself for that. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but since I'd been thinking up hairstyles for three months straight, it's become a habit. This week's hairstyle was an original that I came up with without thinking about. Even my subconscious wants to keep creating. It'll take some time for me to remember that it's okay to use tutorials now.

The Process:

On Christmas Day, I had a dinner to go to and while my outfit was cute, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my hair. All I knew was that it had to be out of my face so I could eat without stressing about finding my own hair in my food. I had just washed my hair and didn't want the crimps I would get with a braid so I decided to go with twists. I was very pleased with what I ended up with. It's simple and sleek and perfect for anything.

The Tutorial:

Wanna look cute and keep hair out of your face? Just follow these instructions! (1) Part your hair to the side. (2) Go half an inch in and take a one inch section of hair. Split that in two equal chunks. (3) Start rope braiding. Make one twist to start and for the following twists, add a small pieces of hair to both sides as you rope braid. Note: try to keep your rope braid fairly tight because it will loosen up when you tie it off and let it go. (4) Keep adding in hair while you twist until you get to your temples. (5) Finish rope braiding without adding in any more hair and tie it off. (6) Bring it to where you want to pin it at the back of your head and mark that place on your braid. Tie another elastic there so the tail can better blend in to the rest of your hair. (7) Take out the original elastic and tuck the rope braid under some hair. (8) Pin it securely to your head and gaze lovingly into the mirror because you look gorgeous and your hair is on point.

The Result: 

1.6.16 rope half halo (x)
Not to toot my own horn, but this hairstyle and sweater combo is pretty cute. Don't forget to like it on Instagram if you haven't already!

The Verdict:

This hairstyle is tried and true... Well I've only worn it twice but I already know it'll be one of my go-to hairstyles since it's so quick and easy. I got plenty of compliments on it and it was one of those hairstyles you forget you're wearing because it's so comfortable and low maintenance. The rope braid stayed put all day and there were now stray strands falling into my face. This is a hairstyle that would be super cute with any hair texture. I also love that this hairstyle was pretty but simple and not distracting. It let my Icelandic sweater take the spotlight while being beautiful in its own right.


I'm excited for this season of #hairoftheweek and I'll do my best to remember to use a tutorial next week. It's time we got some outside influences in here. If you want to stay up to date on #hairoftheweek, follow me on Instagram! Remember: the person with the most first likes gets an extra Fan Favorite vote at the end of the season so make sure to set up those notifications if you want a shot at two votes!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

P.S. And Gordon wuz here!!

4 comments:

  1. GORODN!
    Also this selfie is 10/10 A+ five stars nailed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get it printed out to put in my corner.

      Delete
  2. It does look good with that sweater, not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete