Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Posting Schedule

Summer is in full swing and while I might have more time to blog, I unfortunately have less content. Since #hairoftheweek, which accounts for a majority of my blog posts, is now on hiatus, I'm going to have to switch up the posting schedule for the summer months.

This probably wasn't the type of blog post you were expecting today but as you know, change is upon us here at xo, Yvette. If you've been reading this blog from the beginning, firstly, THANK YOU. You don't know how much it means to me. People actually want to hear what I have to say?! It's an incredible feeling. Secondly, you'd know that I publish a blog post every Sunday at 12:30pm west coast time and the posts that go up on Wednesdays at 4pm are optional. You'd also know that the Sunday posts are the weekly #hairoftheweek posts. Now that that's over for the time being, I have half the content to write about. Up until this point my optional Wednesday posts have been pretty consistent, but that's about to change. For the summer, I am going to push all my posts to Sunday at 12:30pm. That's monthly Wrap Ups and Happy Hubs, as well as any other Book Talks or outstanding #hairoftheweeks. If, for any reason, the four Sundays in that month are not enough, I will then post something on a Wednesday.

But wait, there's more! This summer schedule works great for when I'm home and consistently connected to wi-fi, but I'm going to be out of town for almost the entirety of July and the first part of August. I will not have internet access during that time but I don't want to leave you hanging! I'll still have some blog posts ready to go up. That being said, it is unrealistic for me to pre-write four blog posts so I've settled on a semi-hiatus schedule with two blog posts going up during the month that I'm gone. Not too bad, right? You can expect these hiatus posts to show up on xo, Yvette on July 19th and August 2nd. The regular summer schedule (every Sunday) will resume on August 16th. Since this throws off my Happy Hub and monthly reading Wrap Up, I might be lumping them in with August. It depends on how much I have to say. I'm certain the July Wrap Up will have to be put together with August because I won't have much time to read while I'm away... Now I'm rambling.

We will definitely be back to normal by October when school is back in session and #hairoftheweek is up and running again. Thank you for sticking with me and reading xo, Yvette! Your patience and understanding is much appreciated. I'm excited for the blog posts I have lined up for you during and after my trip so I hope you enjoy them!

Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

2 comments:

  1. October seems so far away, though. Like 3 months or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, but my first day of school is September 30th so that's when #hairoftheweek will resume. I do have travelogs (finally!), book talks, and at least one #hairoftheweek post planned so it hopefully won't be too big of a change once I come back from hiatus.

      Delete