Sunday, June 14, 2015

#hairoftheweek: #tbt Centipede Braid

10 Weeks. 10 Hairstyles. 1 Fan Favorite. The people have spoken. We've seen so many great hairstyles this school year and this season, I'm so pleased with the way this first full year of #hairoftheweek has turned out. It might be hard to top, but I'm confident next year will be just as amazing.

Catch up on the entire season in the Spring 2015 Recap! There you'll find links to each of the season's hairstyles' respective blog posts.

The Process:

The Centipede Braid is back by popular demand! If you have been following me anywhere on the internet and have been paying even the slightest attention, you'd know that this season of #hairoftheweek is over and you had the opportunity to vote for your favorite! The Centipede Braid won by a landslide, which really wasn't a surprise, seeing as many of you expressed your interest in it when I first wore it for my birthday. Naturally, it was the most liked hairstyle of the season. (I did wear the second place hairstyle for the graduation ceremony I attended on June 13th.) (It was the Rope Accent Fishtail.)

The Tutorial:

There's a part of me that's glad this hairstyle won because I didn't have to relearn how to do it. Even though this hairstyle looks super complicated, it is technically really basic and all you need is hair and time. I went into more detail in my original blog post. I really hope you try this out because you'd find it's not as intimidating as it seems.

The Result:

6.11.15 #tbt centipede braid (x)
It seems to get more interesting the longer you look at it, doesn't it? Don't forget to give this a like on Instagram if you haven't already!

The Verdict:

The case for a lot of #hairoftheweek hairstyles is that I'll practice it and nail it each time but when it comes time to actually wear the hairstyle, I just can't get it right. That is not the case with this braid. No matter how many times I do (and wear) this hairstyle, it always looks as flawless as the first time. Although the sizes of my fishtail braids vary, it doesn't take away from the hairstyle. In fact, it gives it more depth. It's busy enough that mistakes can easily be hidden and, honestly, nobody is going to notice. They're going to be too wowed by your masterpiece to get nitpicky about the details. I wore this braid when I went back to visit my high school on the seniors' last day of school and even then I got some compliments! My suggestion would be to walk slow so that people have time to register the glory that is gracing their eyes.


Thank you to everybody who submitted their vote! I'm so glad you loved this hairstyle as much as I did. Prepare yourself for the bonus #hairoftheweek next week and check back on the Spring 2015 Recap to see the updates! Remember to follow xo, Yvette via email or on Tumblr and don't forget to follow me on Instagram if you want to see the bonus #hairoftheweek in real-time.


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

3 comments:

  1. I definitely didn't notice the smallest braid in the first post, but I see it now. This hairstyle is entertainment for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting because I have a harder time seeing the microbraid in this version. Who knows what else is hidden in there?!

      Delete
  2. My vote got second place and that feels like some form of success.

    ReplyDelete