Sunday, August 28, 2016

Book Talk: August Uppercase Box Review

My usual go-to summer reads are light, cutesy contemporaries. You can imagine my surprise when I looked at the books I've read so far this entire year and discovered I haven't read a single one. The closest I got was Girl Against the Universe and I guess that could count, but still. We're eight months in and I've only read one. That's unacceptable. This is where Uppercase Box comes in and saves the day. 

Once Upon a Time...
This month marks Uppercase's two year anniversary and they celebrated by bringing us two exclusive items and one of the most anticipated books of summer. The first item is a necklace with a  ribbon-shaped "bar" that says "Once Upon a Time..." which I painstakingly shaped into a heart for the photo. The first thing I thought of when I saw this necklace was the Sleeping Beauty Disneybound I've been working on. The biggest issue for me is accessorizing because I have the worst eye for it but Uppercase has gone ahead and done the work for me. There's also a cute Uppercase Box charm at the end of the chain signifying its exclusivity. Too frickin cute.
Adorable notepad!

If you remember all the way back to last month. you'll know that the July Uppercase Box contained two stationary items, allowing me to gush over my love of all things stationary. This month they did it again and included a beautiful notepad in this box with an Uppercase exclusive design by Simini Blocker. My first thought when I saw this notepad was that it's the perfect size to write some letters on to send to my friends. There isn't a matching envelope, but I'll make do. I love Simini's art style and the colors and I'm so glad to own something so special. I can't wait to put this to good use! 
Kasie West's autograph

And now we have arrived to the book. As I mentioned at the top of this post, I haven't read many, if any, cutesy contemporary novels and Uppercase has provided me with the ultimate cutesy contemporary, or so I hear. This month's Uppercase Box features P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. It also came with this adorable quote shape that reads, "Words brought us together," so I can only assume the two will come together through their common love of poetry or something. It's gonna be real cute. Unsurprisingly at this point, this book was another OwlCrate duplicate. I guess that's how you know it's going to be good. 


P.S. I Like This Photo (x)
The only problem I have with Uppercase Box so far is that the books can get a bit beat up in transit. There have been bent corners and a couple tears here and there. This month it looks like the package was slammed against some type of bar because there's a pretty sizable dent on the edge of the covers. A bit of massaging smoothed it out a little and the dust jacket is able to cover it but it's still a little frustrating to see books getting beat up like that. Overall, I'm super excited for this box. I already know how I'm going to use this month's goodies and I'm sure the September (already?!) box will be just as good.


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

4 comments:

  1. I feel like this whole OwlCrate duplicate is like when two girls wear the same dress to prom. I also admire you for forming that necklace chain into a heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES only it's the same two girls wearing the same dresses at homecoming, winter formal, AND prom... and then graduation.

      Thank you it took a terribly long time because adjusting one part of the chain would throw another part out of whack.

      Delete
  2. Your heart has tails!!! I'm crying

    ReplyDelete