Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome to xo, Yvette!

Wait, what? Yvette is blogging?! As you've probably gathered from my "about me" section, my name is Yvette and that's pretty much it. I find it difficult to capture everything I want you to know about me with a character count. My hope is that you'll get to know me as friends get to know each other - by spending time with one another. I'm constantly trying to find a solid way to document my life that I can stick to. So far, nothing has been able to hold me for long. Fingers crossed that this blog is the one! I don't consider myself a writer and I certainly do not have high expectations for this blog so I hope you don't either, but I will give it my best shot. For the time being, I'm not entirely sure what I want to go on my blog. There are a couple things I am interested in posting about but the rest is really up in the air (I'm also trying to work out a posting schedule so be patient with me).

Things to look forward to...

1) #hairoftheweek

To start, one of my main purposes for creating this blog is #hairoftheweek. It's a series I do on Instagram and I'll get into more detail in my first post dedicated to the subject. Here's my most recent post:
1.24.15 rope accent four strand (x)
I intend to show you not only the final product, but also my inspiration for the hairstyle (if I created it myself) or where I learned to recreate it. The latter is much more common. If you're interested in seeing more of my previous #hairoftheweek creations, scroll through my Instagram and see if anything catches your eye.

2) travelogs

Another series, so to speak, is my travelogs. Traveling has been a huge part of my life and its importance to me could be a post in and of itself. That being said, I wish I would remember to write about them as they happen, or at least right after my trips end. I always tell myself I'll do it soon but soon never comes, does it? I'm not sure how I want to format it yet. They could come as day-by-day journal-style posts or it could be a trip wrap up and reflection. I have some thinking to do, but to get started, I thought I'd share a photo from one of my more recent trips.

Reykjavik's winter solstice sunset (against the Harpa concert hall) (x)
 
I spent about a week in Iceland in 2014 and it was one of the most amazing places I have ever visited. I couldn't tell you exactly what made me fall so in love with it but the scenery definitely didn't hurt. I was lucky enough to be there during the winter solstice and that 3pm sunset was a sight to behold. My 2014 winter break was really a once in a lifetime experience and the future probably holds a blog post about it. Obviously, travelogs won't be very consistent as I am not traveling 100% of the time but when I am going somewhere, this blog will give me a place to put my thoughts. 

3) miscellaneous 

As I said before, I'm not entirely sure what else I want to put on this blog. Beyond hair and travel, my interests include books, nail polish, and boybands, among other things. I want to try my hand at book talks. You'd think I'd be well versed in the art of book reviews based off the sheer number of books I've read but I definitely do not feel confident enough to venture out that far yet. But I can guarantee you that book talks won't be the only book-related posts. I'll most likely be doing most anticipated new releases, to be read posts, and other posts of the sort. (Check out my Goodreads page!) Movie reviews (I use this term loosely)? Nail polish appreciation? Life things?! The possibilities are endless. Stick around to see what this blog has in store!

 
Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

2 comments: