Sunday, July 24, 2016

Book Talk: July Uppercase Box Review

When I opened my box this month, I screamed. I love me some stationary and both goodies this month are stationary! Combine my excitement over that with this month's book? It's a good box, alright. I thought June's box would be hard to beat but evidently that's a challenge Uppercase has no problems conquering.

Rainbow pencils and button!
Through the thin material of the bag the box comes in, I could see some bright, colorful sticks and that's when the screaming began. I already knew that they would be cute pencils from what I could tell even before I opened the package but I was in for so much more. Not only are they a rainbow set of pencils, they were also engraved with bookish phrases such as: "I read YA" (also could be interpreted as "I read ya" but YA is more bookish), "professional bookworm," "carpe librum," "#booknerd," and "read more, sleep less." Even the erasers and the little metal bit that attaches the eraser to the pencil match the color of their respective pencil! They're so adorable I could never bear to use them. This set is also an Uppercase exclusive so I don't know how much it's worth, although I wouldn't imagine it's more than five dollars. 
The sticky notes.

The second goody in this month's box is another stationary item. I was so excited to see I was now the owner of a set of Vintage Sticky Notes. I especially love the long "To Do" because they have "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." on the bottom and I kind of live for making to-do lists. The colors in this set are another reason to love it. That bright yellow with the glasses, the orange with the dog, and that gorgeous turquoise border with the rotary dial telephone on it? My hands automatically do the grabby thing. I can't wait to find something to stick these on. This set is sold by Galison for $10.99.

Signed by Victoria Schwab
When my eyes landed on the book, I nearly lost it. I have been waiting so long for This Savage Song! Anything Victoria Schwab does is worth reading. I heard about this one a while back so I don't remember the specifics of the synopsis and I prefer to go in blind but I know it's a paranormal book. How exciting! Since this book has been so highly anticipated, I had a gut feeling that this would be a repeat of last month where Uppercase and OwlCrate both featured the same book. Of course my suspicions were confirmed. That's two months in a row that they've had the same book! If I were paying for both these boxes, I would be very disappointed. My mom would also make me cancel one of them to avoid this happening again. I'm glad I can skip over that hassle. They updated their policy a few days ago where if you got a duplicate, they would each refund you 50% of it off the Amazon price and I think that's fair. One of the copies ends up being free so it'd made a nice gift for a friend or something.


Group shot! (x)
As an exclusively Uppercase box subscriber, I have no qualms saying I am very happy with this month's box. I love stationary which means I automatically love the two goodies and I am so pumped to read this book. There was also a bonus button based on the book! "Human or monster?" Color me intrigued. It sounds like OwlCrate's box next month is going to be high school themed? That's either coming-of-age or romance (but probably romance). Hopefully we don't see a three-peat! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am already eagerly anticipating the August box!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

4 comments:

  1. These boxes are always so good it makes me feel like I've gotta step up my heartstrings game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to rub it in your face they also send them out on time... (not that I can say anything either)

      Delete
  2. Box subscriptions sound like so much fun. Like little care packages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! It's always exciting getting something in the mail and now I have something coming in regularly!

      Delete