Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Book Talk: 25 Bookish Facts About Me

I love watching Booktube, the book community on Youtube, and some of my posts are pretty similar to the content you'd find on a Booktuber's channel. Surprisingly enough, one of the things I haven't tried yet are book tags. Since I have a couple open slots, I thought I'd have a go at one. This one is 25 Bookish Facts About Me, which originated on a channel that seems to have taken the video down. I followed the paper trail and it led me to a "This video is unavailable." page so that was fruitless. At least I tried. This tag is pretty self-explanatory so I'll just cut to the chase and get on with the facts!

  1. I get almost all of my books from the library.
  2. Putting holds on books at the library is an activity that I enjoy more than I should and can be considered one of my favorite hobbies.
  3. I love organizing bookshelves but since I don't really buy books, I don't have much to rearrange and in turn, I rarely have the opportunity to do so. 
  4. Fantasy is my favorite genre to read, which is easy to say because it's so broad.
  5. The next genre I get the most enjoyment out of is science fiction, but cutesy contemporary novels read the fastest for me.
  6. I have a hard time ranking my favorite genres because they're all neck and neck.
  7. Writing in books is sacrilege. I won't even write in textbooks.
  8. Reading for school puts me out like a light, but then I feel guilty about not finishing my homework.
  9. If I feel connected to a character, I can physically feel what they're feeling. Taking empathy to the next level. 
  10. I cannot eat while I read. Holding the book open, processing the words on the page, and chewing all at the same time simply is not a feat I can accomplish. 
  11. Every time I do try eating while reading, I somehow manage to get food on the book. I'm ashamed of my clumsiness.
  12. I bring my Kindle Fire with me on vacations but I'm afraid I'll run out of battery before I get a change to recharge if I use it. 
  13. The bookmark I'm currently using is super cute and I'm afraid it'll wear out if I don't start using a different one soon. 
  14. I don't like to put my progress on the current book I'm reading on Goodreads until I've reached the halfway mark.
  15. I'm terrible at getting out of my comfort zone because there are so many books I wanted to get to inside my comfort zone.
  16. A wide variety of genres belong in my comfort zone, but they're all YA genres. 
  17. My favorite part of summer is being able to read outside. Increasing my book count while catching some (weak) Washington rays? Yes, please.
  18. As a perfectionist, dog-eared pages are the bane of my existence. 
  19. I do my best pleasure reading in bed, usually reclined in some way.
  20. I'm fine with listening to music while I read, but having headphones on is such a drag because of the aforementioned in-bed reading. 
  21. I find myself a book boyfriend in nearly every YA novel.
  22. If I'm really into my book, I'll text Amy updates on the characters' relationships and wait for them to boink. 
  23. I like to think Amy gets invested in their love, too. 
  24. Percy Jackson and the Olympians is to me what Harry Potter is to most other people.
  25. Percabeth is my otp to end all otps.

I can't believe that's 25 facts! It was interesting getting into the groove of coming up with this list because I had no idea where my brain would take me next. Writing this post was one of those things where you can notice a bunch of little things about your reading habits but when you actually try to put pen to paper, you draw a complete blank. I'm glad I finally have a blogging journal so I could jot them down as they came to mind. Do you relate to any of the facts on my list? Surely I'm not the only one that does these. There are over seven billion people in the world, after all. I'd love to hear some bookish facts about you in the comments below! 


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

6 comments:

  1. Loved reading this one. You forgot to mention your swaggie book light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! My booklight is another bookish thing about me. Maybe if I compile enough facts I'll be able to write a part two!

      Delete
  2. I am actually weirdly invested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad all my frantic texting is not in vain. I'm on a perpetual emotional roller coaster.

      Delete
  3. I feel like all of these, but especially #1. Books are so expensive and I wish I owned more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the main reason why I check out books but there's also the fact that I'm always trying to meet library due dates that I never get around to reading the books that I actually own because I know I'll have them forever.

      Delete