Sunday, April 26, 2015

#hairoftheweek: Crochet Loop Braid

I've had a bit of an off week and it didn't help that this #hairoftheweek wasn't one of the more successful ones. I didn't have a Wednesday blog post, which you may or may not have taken note of, but that really threw off my groove. I actually forgot I had to post a #hairoftheweek until it was almost too late, whoops. (This is also the reason why there wasn't filter game this week. My bad.) I'm glad I had a three day weekend though. We are a lot further into the quarter than I thought. My R&R has to come to an end, though. Time to get back into the game.

The Process:

When I first saw this tutoral, I thought it would be a breeze since the technique was essentially what I do with my hair when I'm bored or I want to busy my hands. In my head, it came out a lot nicer than it did in reality. Since I thought it was so easy, I didn't bother practicing it until Wednesday. That was a mistake. I wouldn't say the hairstyle is hard but I do think it was difficult, for me at least, to position it and make it look presentable.

The Tutorial:

As I began practicing the Crochet Loop Braid by Bebexo on my own hair, I found that it was difficult to place it on my head, especially since I don't have bangs like she does. I can't really explain how to make these loops but once you see it in the video, you'll see that you've probably had plenty of experience with this technique. The most important part is to flip it upside down so that you get that lace braid look.

The Result:

4.24.15 crochet loop braid (x)
What drew me to this hairstyle is how it kinda looks like they're French loops, which really comes through with this placement. Don't forget to like this hairstyle on Instagram if you haven't already!

The Verdict:

The Crochet Loops did a decent job of keeping hair out of my face, which grants it some major points, but since this is technically the underside and it basically one continuous strand of hair, there were some pieces sticking up and out of the braid. That really bothered me. It wasn't even like it loosened up throughout the day (it did, a little bit, but that's besides the point). My part didn't allow for one on each side, which is a personal problem, but since the end of this braid is not the prettiest, I had to tuck it under some hair. The bulkiness made sure that was super noticeable. It's very possible that I just need more practice but it's probably going to be put away for now.


What do you think? You should try this out and let me know if you had some more success with it. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more #hairoftheweek and other fun bits and bobs!


Talk to you soon!

xo, Yvette

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the missing Wednesday post, if that makes you feel better in any way. It was an off week for me too! Anyway, I like how this hairstyle kind of disappears into another fold of hair.

    ReplyDelete